- 2 cups dry red wine, such as malbec, cabernet sauvignon, or merlot.
- 4 packets of Nektar Honey Crystals®
- Juice from 1 orange
- Zest from 1 orange
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 firm pears, such as Bosc, peeled with bottom trimmed so they stand up straight
- Combine wine, Nektar Honey Crystals®, juice from orange, orange zest, vanilla and cinnamon in a large saucepan and bring to a boil. Lower to a simmer, add pears and cover. Simmer for 15-25 minutes, turning every few minutes, until fork tender.
- Remove pears and let them cool. Bring sauce to a boil and cook until liquid reduces by half, about 10 minutes. Let cool slightly and pour sauce over pears.