- 2 1/4 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup uncooked medium grained rice
- 4 packets of Nektar Honey Crystals®
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan, bring the milk, rice, Nektar Honey Crystals®, cardamom and salt to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered until the rice is tender, about 20-25 minutes. Stir often so the rice does not stick.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg until well mixed. Add a few table spoons of hot rice mixture to egg mixture a little at a time as to not cook the egg, mixing constantly.
- Then add the egg mixture into the rice and stir over low heat until thick, about 5 minutes. Do not let it boil or the mixture will curdle. Stir in raisins and vanilla and let raisins soften. Garnish with cardamom.
- Serve pudding warm, room temperature or chilled.